UT Martin celebrates Scholarfest, Assessment Day this week
Contact 1: Erin Chesnut
MARTIN, Tenn. – The University of Tennessee at Martin is celebrating “Scholarfest” this week, April 24-28, to honor student achievements in research and performance across all academic disciplines. A variety of campus activities are planned, and all events are free and open to the public. A summary of events is included below.
Monday, April 24
• Excellence in nursing presentations; Boling University Center’s Watkins Auditorium and Duncan Ballroom; 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Student music recital; Blankenship Recital Hall; 5 p.m.
• Theatre improvisation group performance; Watkins Auditorium; 7-9 p.m.
Wednesday, April 26
• Psychology oral presentations; Boling University Center, room 111; 9-11 a.m.
• Interdisciplinary Student Writing Conference; Holland McCombs Center, Tennessee Room; 1-4 p.m.
Thursday, April 27
• Oral research presentations; Boling University Center, room 229; 10-11 a.m.
• Tri-Beta Honor Society poster session; Brehm Hall, second-floor hallway; noon
• Oral research presentations; Boling University Center, room 229; 2-3 p.m.
• Reception and student poster session; Duncan Ballroom; 4-6 p.m.
Academic departments and administrative units across campus will also host an “Assessment Day” poster session from 12:30-2:30 p.m., April 27, in the Duncan Ballroom to display methods used in student assessment for university accreditation and the scholarship work of the first two faculty teaching and learning communities. Attendees can vote for up to three unit posters, and winning units will receive a cash prize from the Office of the Chancellor.
Scholarfest activities are sponsored by UT Martin Honors Programs and the Division of Academic Affairs. Assessment Day is sponsored by the Office of SACS Accreditation.